Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Starting Again


We are creating a collage painting of historical landscape painting. I had to take two different paintings and merge them together to create a new hybrid landscape painting original (somewhat) to me. We are required to use a pallet knife, and we all remember how much I love those, right?

Ahem.


I started with the sky because it's a lovely purple color. It's my understanding that color matching is not really something we are focusing on at the moment, so I'm not worried that my sky is way more purple than the original. Maybe I just really like purple, okay? Okay.

Now that that's settled...


I totally painted the sky too large, so that caused me to reevaluate my painting method and content placement. I think I have it figured out, I just have to wait for it to dry so I can layer some color over the top of what I already have on the canvas.

So far, I'm liking this more than my first pallet knife experience. Although, when I start getting into the detail work, we'll see how my attitude changes.


This is what I ended up completing today. Not bad for a couple hours of work, and I'll restart again on Monday laying down the browns for the ground and the large tree. The finished product should look something like this:


But don't hold your breath. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment