Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Self Portrait of Sorts


So this digital imaging class started out to feel like one big long never ending joke of a class. Learn something new!? Never! We will only go over things that you already know how to do with your eyes closed and one hand behind your back! Ha ha!

Okay, so I was exaggerating, but on a more serious note, I'm actually incredibly happy with how my first project turned out. If I'm being honest, I think it's downright rad.

We had to use "found" objects, such as magazine clippings, found drawings, or things we came across laying about our homes. I tore through the only magazine I own ripping off pages like it was my job. And then I only used two of those pages, but you know. They came in handy.

Handy! Oh, I kill myself.

No? That wasn't as funny to you as it was to me? Okay, okay. It is Wednesday after all. The humpday of the week. Forgive me my bad joke - although I believe that bad jokes are the best jokes. You know it to be true.

But anyway, my piece is about...you guessed it! Hands. Hands are unique to a person and you can tell a lot about a person from the wrinkles of age, callouses, fingernails, etc. on their hands. The same with hand writing - every person writes letters differently. Fingerprints? Uniquely yours. This piece came out as more of a self-portrait of sorts.

I think it's some of my best digital work to date. But also I am completely biased.

I also wish I could wear my nails painted like the rainbow every day. I think that would make life a bit more interesting, but don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment