Wednesday, February 27, 2013

sketched

I've been playing around with the idea of a graffiti landscape, and at first I had no idea what that could possibly entail. So I did what every young artist does these days and hopped on the interwebs to see what kinds of came up when I entered those words into the google machine. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

I also talked to my family to see if they could brainstorm any ideas, and let me tell you - some of the things that father of mine came up with where pure genius.

So here are two concepts I'm developing:


This is based off of the idea to merge the graffiti and landscape through a word. At first I was trying to put the landscape inside of the letters, but I wasn't really excited about what was flowing from my fingers. So instead I started drawing the landscape on top of the word, still incorporating plants and trees into the letters, but in a different way than originally anticipated. So far so good.


And here we have a slightly underdeveloped concept, placing graffiti font into a graffiti style landscape. So far I love this, but it still needs some work. I want to put a little Zacchaeus figure in the tree and move the letters around to a better spot. 

Eventually these will turn into paintings and not just sketches. Which will be incredibly exciting! At least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment