Monday, September 29, 2014

PAPER TONES AND CHARCOAL PENCILS

I have been playing with charcoal pencils lately. It started when I was at everybody's favorite craft store, Michael's, and I found this stupid awesome sketchpad with toned paper. There was one with grey toned paper, but I went with the brown, because why not? Hashtag carpe diem. 

And since I now possess toned paper, I can't just use graphite because that goes against every fiber of my art heart, which is no good for no body. Also, charcoal is one of my favorite mediums to use and well, logically I couldn't go anywhere else. So here we are! 


I pulled up a photograph on Pinterest to imitate using a white charcoal pencil and a HB and 6B charcoal pencil. In my opinion she kind of looks like Faith Hill, but I mean, worse things could have happened.

Then I started to incorporate color, and just, hold on to your seats, kids.



All of this art stuff I've been doing lately has been good for my soul. I am re-starting to create my own art and it was Drawing 111 where I fell back in love with art making anyway, so it's also a little like going back to my roots.

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." - Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment