Wednesday, June 22, 2011

summer finals

Today was my last day of summer watercolor painting, so to celebrate we painted tractors. I know that just sounds super exciting, doesn't it? But well, really, it was a bunch of fun. This mostly stems from the fact that we got to turn the tractors into something they aren't and create a narrative with our painting.


My painting is a tractor gone horribly, horribly wrong. I took the idea of "Frank" from the movie "Cars" except that I made him into a zombie tractor who noms on people. I know - I spend too much time with video games and boys. But I think this picture is pretty freakin' hilarious.

And then Mr. Teacher Man let us out early to work on our final projects. I had absolutely positively no idea what to do. Nothing. I drew a complete blank. So instead of rushing right home to get on that whole idea of finishing my project, I kidnapped PC and we went to lay in the field. Because that's what you do when you're supposed to be doing homework.

We went to Ross and then to WinCo and then back home, where we played some Mortal Kombat and ate pepperoni pizza and I pretended to be thinking about something to do for my project. We finished the pizza, decided to be done with the video game, and I stared at my art supplies. Ugh.

I googled "white vase flowers spring" and combined two different pictures. One with pink and yellow flowers and one with blue. But once I sketched out the bouquet and painted the flowers in, I felt like it was a little empty. So I decided to add a little bee in my painting, just to give it some character.

Before I put him in the picture though, I had to practice because unlike oil painting, once you put something in a watercolor it's there forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment